QT anomaly

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Thu Nov 10 21:09:58 EST 2005

Scott Rossi wrote:
> Recently, Richard Gaskin  wrote:
>

>>>Spaces in the file path will sometimes confuse Rev -- perhaps this is the
>>>issue.  See the past thread here:
>>>
>>>http://lists.runrev.com/pipermail/use-revolution/2005-July/061722.html
>>>
>>>...and also note the "space fix":
>>>
>>>http://lists.runrev.com/pipermail/use-revolution/2005-July/061730.html
>>
>>Thanks for the tip, but he and I are using the same path all the way
>>down except for the user name.  I have spaces in the file name, and it
>>plays well on my system here running the same app with the same OS and
>>QT versions.  :(
>

> You still might consider implementing the fix if you're distributing your
> stack/app to multiple parties as this will make player performance more
> reliable.
>
> In any event, you say the difference between your setup and and you client's
> is the user name.  Is it possible something is going on there?  Maybe some
> non-Roman characters in the name or something else?

That's one difference, but does not appear to be a significant one --
his name is straight ASCII, verified in my log file.

Looking at other, stranger possibilities, I had him check his drives
free space and SMART status -- both ok.

This one's a stumper.  I know there's an answer, but I just haven't
discovered the secret to finding it....

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Media Corporation