QT anomaly

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Thu Nov 10 17:22:23 EST 2005

Scott Rossi wrote:
> Recently, Richard Gaskin  wrote:
>

>>I have a customer for a new app who can't load a QuickTime file, yet I
>>can load the same file here without difficulty, and it works well on my
>>other Mac, and on our tester's Mac.
>>
>>The error occurs when I set the filename of the player to the selected
>>file, the result returning "could not open movie file".  Not very
>>descriptive, but that's all I have to go on.
>>
>>I've tried the file both from my local volume and a second partition.
>>The customer and I have the same OS version (OS X 10.4.3) and QT version
>>(7.0.3), and of course the same version of the Rev-based app.
>>
>>The file name is short (about 12 characters), so I can't see how it
>>could be related to the known issue with long file names.
>

> Spaces in the file path will sometimes confuse Rev -- perhaps this is the
> issue.  See the past thread here:
>
> http://lists.runrev.com/pipermail/use-revolution/2005-July/061722.html
>
> ...and also note the "space fix":
>
> http://lists.runrev.com/pipermail/use-revolution/2005-July/061730.html

Thanks for the tip, but he and I are using the same path all the way
down except for the user name.  I have spaces in the file name, and it
plays well on my system here running the same app with the same OS and
QT versions.  :(

Any third-party system enhancements that might cause issues like this?

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Media Corporation