Run/Edit mode

Thornton, John John.Thornton at gb.mahle.com
Thu Nov 10 06:24:23 EST 2005

Thanks Dan,
I'm off and running now....

 -----Original Message-----
From: 	Dan Shafer [mailto:revdan at danshafer.com]
Sent:	08 November 2005 17:07
To:	How to use Revolution
Subject:	Re: Run/Edit mode

What event triggers the request for the user to input the
information? That event appears not to be triggered when you simply
switch from edit mode to run mode, which would figure because that
action doesn't trigger an event we usually trap for.

Assuming, e.g., that your stack asks for this information in an
openStack handler, then after you switch to run mode, type into the
message box "send 'openStack' to stack 'foo'" (and you can leave out
the stack if it's the only one in memory or you're certain it's the
topstack.

All Rev actions occur in response to events. Your stack is being
polite, waiting for an event before it does anything!