How is the built-in controls made?

Andre Garzia soapdog at mac.com
Wed Nov 9 16:27:46 EST 2005

On Nov 9, 2005, at 7:22 PM, Jan Sælid wrote:

> Hi again Eric
> (Thanks for the patience)
>
> I mean the "Tab panel" that you drag from tools to your stack when
> you want a tab-panel. When I look at the properties
> this is a button. How is this possible? If you want to do build a
> tab panel from the ground up you usually have make a group or
> multiple cards.
>
> What is the "inner workings" going on here?
>
> (I hope this is clearer....Suddenly my confidence in English went
> on a trip....)
>
> WR
> Jan

Jan,

tab tab panel is a button that looks like a tab panel, it just looks
like, when you press any of the options a simple menuPick message is
triggered and the face of the button changes but no control is hidden
or displayed, you must take care of those things your self. You can
hide/show groups or traverse cards. It's just a nice button that
triggers menuPick message like all "menu like" buttons.

I don't think there's a huge inner working since all is done by
yourself, you need to code your tab panel, all the IDE does is
provide you with nice graphics and a pre-packed button.

cheers
andre