[OT] Mac OSX Tiger Spotlight function - help

Jim Ault JimAultWins at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 8 19:18:44 EST 2005

Hopefully someone on the list has solved/developed a workaround for this, or
perhaps I am missing something in all the docs and preferences.

I am trying to locate, catalog, and update many versions of an SWF that I
post to a multitude of web sites.  Before Tiger, I simply did a Finder FIND
and retrieved a listing on all the hard drives, then sorted by modification
date.

The new Spotlight only seems to use the 'date last opened' for locating and
sorting, which is useless for me.  Even the date created would work in this
case, but alas, no,  Spotlight does not have this.

Creating a Smart Folder allows a search on mod and creation date critera,
but does not list those nor allow sorting.

Is there a way to do this?  Why would Apple not make it possible to search
on one of the criteria in the Finder database? then get a listing that
included that criteria?  then allow sorting on one of the criterion?

Obviously a few choice words were spoken as this sets back my production
schedule for today several hours... not minutes... HOURS

Jim Ault
Las Vegas