Owner of selectedChunk?

xavier.bury at clearstream.com xavier.bury at clearstream.com
Tue Nov 8 03:31:56 EST 2005

The trick is quite easy. I use it all the time.

For the button that you are going to click (or the owner of the button -
grp or cd),

here's an example from my textstyleNO2 "Bold" button

local lselection, lstack
on mouseenter
  get the defaultstack,the topstack
  if the tool is "Browse tool" then
    put the selectedchunk into lselection
    if lselection is not empty then
      put the selectedfield into lfield
      put the topstack into lstack
      put lselection && "of" && lstack into lselection
    end if
  else
    put the selobj into lselection
  end if
end mouseenter

on mousedown
  if lselection is not empty then
    if the tool is "Browse tool" then
      select lselection
    else
      put the selobj into lselection
    end if
  end if
end mousedown

on mouseUp
  if lselection is not empty
  then select lselection

  if the selectedchunk is empty then exit mouseup
  SetFontStyle (the short name of me), lselection

  set the hilite of me to (the short name of me) is in the textstyle of
the selectedchunk
  if the hilite of me then unhilite btn "Plain"
  select lselection
end mouseUp

use-revolution-bounces at lists.runrev.com wrote on 08/11/2005 09:08:26:

> Recently, xavier.bury at clearstream.com  wrote:
>
> >> How does one determine the stack that contains the field where the
> >> selectedChunk resides?
>
> > Try
> > put the selectedfield...
>
> Thanks Xavier.
>
> Another question [I seem to recall reading about this a long time ago
but
> have no memory of what the answer was]:
>
> With some text selected in a field in a top stack, is it possible to
> maintain focus on/selection of the text when clicking in a palette that
> contains a text field?  I'm running into the problem of focus shifting
from
> the text field in top stack to the text field in the palette.
>
> Thanks & Regards,
>
> Scott Rossi
> Creative Director
> Tactile Media, Multimedia & Design
> -----
> E: scott at tactilemedia.com
> W: http://www.tactilemedia.com

To make communications with Clearstream easier, Clearstream has
recently changed the email address format to conform with industry
standards. The new format is 'firstname.familyname at clearstream.com'.

Visit us at http://www.clearstream.com

IMPORTANT MESSAGE

Internet communications are not secure and therefore Clearstream
International does not accept legal responsibility for the contents of
this message.

legally privileged. It is intended solely for the addressee. If you are
not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution or
any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on it, is
prohibited and may be unlawful. Any views expressed in this e-mail are
those of the individual sender, except where the sender specifically
states them to be the views of Clearstream International or of any of
its affiliates or subsidiaries.

END OF DISCLAIMER