Problem with Linux 2.6.1 script editor on RH EL

Garrett R. Hylltun garretthylltun at gmail.com
Tue Nov 8 00:17:42 EST 2005

On Tue, 08 Nov 2005 04:51:56 +0000
biodan at comcast.net wrote:

> I've noticed that with moderately long object scripts, invariably the
> GUI becomes non-responsive to the backspace key. The cursor
> jumps unpredictably above or below the current insertion point.
>
> I can forcibly begin typing a new line again if i position the mouse,
> hold the left button down and hit the return key.
>
> I also cannot stably select text either, the hilited text just blinks off.
>
> The only solution is to quit Revolution and relaunch.

I have encountered this also, but found the problem, at least on my system, which is Ubuntu 5.10 with Gnome.

My problem was that I was opening and closing other stacks to try and learn how to do things, problem was, that not all of these stacks were getting dumped from the memory, even if I selected "Close and remove from memory" from the IDE menu.

I found out when I opened the Gnome System Monitor and saw a bunch of stacks still listed in the processes.

Only option was to close Rev and start it again.

Not sure this is what's happening to you, but if you're under the same scenario, then you know what's up.

-Garrett