examples accepting appleevents

Andre Garzia soapdog at mac.com
Sun Nov 6 23:55:18 EST 2005

On Nov 7, 2005, at 2:43 AM, kee nethery wrote:

> Can someone point me to where I might go to see an example of one
> stack communicating with another stack via appleevents (on MacOSX)?
> I'm not exactly sure how to pass data via appleevents and have the
> other app catch them and reply back.
>
> Want to pass the data that would be needed to send an email message
> and then get back a response saying the email was sent.
>
> I know this is simple, just have not figured it out. I can send
> commands to pre-existing apps and make them sing and dance. But
> I've no clue how to send commands when there is no dictionary.
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Kee Nethery

Kee,

I am doing that right now, if you want I can build a sample stack for
you and send to you tomorrow (it's 2:53 AM now, am not thinking well)

There's a message called AppleEvent that you can use to handle events.
There's "send to program" that you can use to send events.
There's "request from program" that also sends events.
There's "reply to program" that does the reply.

cheers.
andre