LibPop3 Help!!!

Locutis locutis at plutoweb.net
Sun Nov 6 21:14:38 EST 2005

I've got it to work.  BTW:  I pasted the entire stack script from the libpop3 stack into the cgi.  I got an email from Sean (the creator) and here's his suggestion:

>the problem that I can see in your sample code is you're treating the
>functions like commands.
>
>COMMAND pop3Open server, port, authType, authUser, authPass [, callback]
>FUNCTION pop3GetMessageCount( [callback] )
>FUNCTION pop3GetUniqueIdList( [callback] )
>FUNCTION pop3GetMessageHeaders( messageNumber [,callback] )
>FUNCTION pop3GetMessage( messageNumber [,callback] )
>COMMAND pop3DeleteMessage messageNumber [,callback]
>COMMAND pop3Close [callback]
>
>Pretty much anything that returns an answer is a function, anything that
>just does something is a command.
>
>try:
>
>put pop3GetMessageCount() into tNumberOfMessages
>
>Anything else, feel free to ask,
>-Sean

It now works flawlessly!

Here's my sample code:

#!revolution

on startup
    pop3Open "ipaddress", "110", "AUTO", "username", "password"
    put the result into theResult
    if theResult is "true" then
        put pop3GetMessageCount() into numberofMessages
        if numberofMessages > 0 then
            put pop3GetMessage(1) into theMessage
            put "/volumes/tiger/users/cam/desktop/message.txt" into path
            put the message into url ("file:"&path)
        end if
    end if
    pop3Close
    put the result into theResult
    if theResult is "true" then
        exit to hypercard
    else
        put "/volumes/tiger/users/cam/desktop/error.txt" into path
        put theResult into url ("file:"&path)
        exit to hypercard
    end if
end startup