Best Practices

Erin D. Smale esmale at welshpiper.com
Sun Nov 6 17:02:06 EST 2005

Thanks to all who responded to this. I'm probably erring on the side of
caution, just because Transcript's ease of use is blowing me away with
how intuitive it is (syntax errors in my examples notwithstanding). In
other languages (VB and javascript in particular), you could "get away"
with this shortcut or that, but it wasn't really "the right way to do
it." In Rev and Transcript, it's as if the shortcuts are actually built
in, and *they are* the right way to do it. I'm afraid of making mistakes
when I'm actually learning to do thing correctly...inconceivable.

Also, the feedback cements my need to dive into the message hierachy and
really wrap my head around it. I have Richard's article on tap and Dan's
material is a good read. Geez...you guys were serious when you said
message hierachy was important. ;-)

Thanks to all for your helpful explanations to and patience with this
newbie.

Cheers,
-Erin