List fields and linktext

Eric Chatonet eric.chatonet at sosmartsoftware.com
Sun Nov 6 08:17:21 EST 2005

Hi David,

In such a case, I prefer to build a list as the following one:

<list string 1 > tab <link string 1>
<list string 2> tab <link string 2>
etc.

I set the tab stops in the list field greater than the width of the
field.
Then the link strings do not appear for the user.
When a line is selected I get item 2 of the selectedText:

on mouseUp
   local tLink
   -----
   set the itemDel to tab
   put item 2 of the selectedText into tLink
   <do what you want with tLink>
end mouseUp

You can sort the list without loosing any link string and it's easier
to maintain by editing the contents of the field: all link strings
are there :-)

Le 6 nov. 05 à 00:35, David Bovill a écrit :

> Is there a way to have list fields work when the lines have the
> linkText property set?
> Hacked at the moment with scripting the hilitedLine....

Best Regards from Paris,

Eric Chatonet.
So Smart Software

Phone        33 (0)1 43 31 77 62