Virtual custom property question

David Bovill david at openpartnership.net
Sat Nov 5 10:51:18 EST 2005

On 5 Nov 2005, at 16:43, Eric Chatonet wrote:

> Hi David,
>
> You could use the mouseControl (see in the docs) but I'm not sure
> it would be really safe in all cases. Depends of your layout.
> So, you could implement a stack custom property to retrieve the
> last clicked control: would be safer :-)
> Hope this helps.

Thanks but it could be called from anywhere - from a handler in a
library for instance - actually the problem I am trying to solve is
to avoid recursion in geometry management - a group sets a custom
property "group_Rect" of any groups within itself. That way you can
replace groups with other groups and the geometry keeps working - but
if you forget to define a setprop handler for a group you get
unpleasant recursion - which at the moment I have to check by
checking the script of the group first.