[Slightly OT?] Why It's Hard to Explain Rev

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Fri Nov 4 13:42:33 EST 2005

Dom wrote:
> Mark Wieder <mwieder at ahsoftware.net> wrote:
>

>>Welcome to the list. I find that if someone already knows what
>>HyperCard is then there's no problem. If they don't (most of the
>>managers I talk with when trying to pitch a project) then they just
>>don't get it.
>

> Anybody knows that HyperCard is just a Rolodex®!

For those who are wondering about this, Dom is refering to comments that
Phil Schiller made when I met with him about the decline of HyperCard
some years ago. He told me that HyperCard was really "just a Rolodex"
with little programming value, thereby proving that he knew nothing at
all about the product he was encouraging Steve Job to kill.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com