[Slightly OT?] Why It's Hard to Explain Rev

David Burgun dburgun at dsl.pipex.com
Fri Nov 4 12:24:04 EST 2005

The main difference is that if the whole hospital does blow up, it's
easy enough to start again (if a pain), e.g. restart the
machine/IDE/whatever. But in runrev when you tamper with a stack, you
can put it into a state whereby it won't open again! This really that
is really strange and frightening for C/C++ programmers since they
are used to being able to go back to a clean state, e.g. when you
open your source file with the C/C++ IDE it won't blow up in your
face. e.g. it's only once you press the run button that you are in
any danger.

I suppose a better analogy is that C/C++ is like a Movie on a DVD.
You can start again from a fresh state whenever you like. RunRev is
like Live TV, that can be paused not not rewound.

  However you look at it, it's hard to explain!

Have a great weekend
All the Best
Dave