[Slightly OT?] Why It's Hard to Explain Rev

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Fri Nov 4 12:18:00 EST 2005

Dom wrote:
> Mark Wieder <mwieder at ahsoftware.net> wrote:
>

>>Welcome to the list. I find that if someone already knows what
>>HyperCard is then there's no problem. If they don't (most of the
>>managers I talk with when trying to pitch a project) then they just
>>don't get it.
>

> Anybody knows that HyperCard is just a Rolodex®!

Yes, about as much as we can trust the last official word on HyperCard
from any Apple representative:

   "Rumors of HyperCard being discontinued at bullsh*t."
      - Steve Jobs, at the CAUSE conference
        in Long Beach, CA, 1998

I keep waiting to see the "When will Apple come clean?" page that has
that quote with a ticker counting the number of days since it was said. ;)

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Managing Editor, revJournal