Longest common substring / subsequence

Terry Judd tsj at unimelb.edu.au
Thu Nov 3 20:13:21 EST 2005

I'm find myself getting deeper into the murky/difficult/fascinating
area of sequence analysis (of behavioural data captured within
educational technology environments) and was wondering whether anyone
had succeeded in implementing routines for finding the longest common
substrings or subsequence in a pair (or more) of strings? If so would
they be prepared to share them?

Failing that, I've found some pseudocode for dynamic programming
solutions to these two problems that may be doable in Rev (???) at...
http://www.ics.uci.edu/~dan/class/161/notes/6/Dynamic.html

Thoughts?

Terry...

Dr Terry Judd
Lecturer in Educational Technology (Design)
Biomedical Multimedia Unit
Faculty of Medicine, Dentistry & Health Sciences
The University of Melbourne
Parkville VIC 3052
AUSTRALIA