checking removable drives

Garrett R. Hylltun garretthylltun at gmail.com
Thu Nov 3 17:03:16 EST 2005

Actually, running apps from removable devices is far more common and growing in popularity.

I myself had written a few apps in my Windows days to run off of my iPod Mini.  As well, I also had Firefox, Thunderbird, Nvu and several other programs setup on my iPod Mini.

I can't speak for OSX, but I know from my use of Windows and Linux that there was no problem writing to the removable device.

Typically, the devices are writable since they are not connected to system critic locations on the operating system.

A few friends and I were discussing this for a project using wxBasic and suggested making a program that manages all the programs on such a device.

Here are a few links that *maybe* can help

http://johnhaller.com/jh/development/portable_apps/
http://www.portablefreeware.com/all.php
http://www.portablefreeware.com/about.php

-Garrett