checking removable drives

Chipp Walters chipp at chipp.com
Thu Nov 3 16:04:06 EST 2005

Hmm,
I'm probably just coming late to the party.

But, you say:
"If an app can't write to its own directory, it must be installed on the
hard drive and not running from a removable device." <-- TRUE (unless
it's on a CD-ROM or the removable device is LOCKED)

of course the inverse isn't true:

"If an app can write to it's own directory, it must be running from a
removable device." <-- NOT TRUE

and I thought you wanted:

"I'd like to be able to determine if an app is running from a removable
drive."

Two different matters, I think. But, I'm sure I'm missing something.