I guess I stumped everyone. :(

Ken Ray kray at sonsothunder.com
Wed Nov 2 22:18:43 EST 2005

On 11/2/05 7:18 AM, "AbilityForms at aol.com" <AbilityForms at aol.com> wrote:

> Thanks for responding Jacque,
>
> As I said before in other questions to the group I've apparently suffered
> some sort of corruption. These three windows all open to the full screen every
> time. It doesn't matter that I resize and save them. They still open full
> screen
> size the next time. Someone told me how to fix the preference panel and that
> worked. I was just hoping I could fix the other three panels in a similar
> fashion. If these windows are in a stack I could address the problems with an
> openCard or openStack handler.

I've run into something similar, and it had to do with the fact that I had a
preOpenStack handler that was doing some automatic sizing of a stack, but
forgot to set it up so that ONLY the main stack got the message... here's an
example:

In the mainstack I had this stack script:

on openStack
  set the rect of this stack to the screenRect
end openStack

And it had three substacks. Two of them hand their own 'openStack' handler,
but the third one didn't. We couldn't figure out why the third one was
opening to fill the screen until we finally realized that the 'openStack'
message that went to the substack was not being trapped by it and was
falling through to the mainstack. The code *should* have been either:

on openStack
  if the owner of the target is me then
    set the rect of this stack to the screenRect
  else
    pass openStack
  end if
end openStack

OR, I should have moved the original code into the CARD and not leave it in
the STACK.

Is it possible that you have a plugin, library, backscript or frontscirpt
that might be encountering this same kind of situation?

Ken Ray
Sons of Thunder Software
Web site: http://www.sonsothunder.com/
Email: kray at sonsothunder.com