ARGH! 2.6.1 keeps crashing

Jan Schenkel janschenkel at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 1 04:12:40 EST 2005

--- MisterX <b.xavier at internet.lu> wrote:
> Jan
>
> The script editor may have many faults including the
> undo which can't undo a
> return insertion! But I haven't experienced a single
> crash with it.
>
> Any plugins that you are using that could cause
> this?
>
> I don’t use any and even with the TAOO architecture
> and events on top I
> don’t
> experience any crashes in the script editor...
>
> cheers
> Xavier

Hi Xavier,

I was only running the altPlugin collection at the
time -- but none of these Transcript-based libraries
should cause an 'illegal read' exception at OS level.

Like I said, I wasn't able to reproduce it, and have
been running fine since that single crash, so I'm not
sure of the cause (menu shortcuts? undo stack?).

Of course, if I ever find a reproducible error, I'll
bugzilla it -- and given Rev's stability, that's a big
'IF'.

Jan Schenkel.

Quartam - Tools for Revolution
<http://www.quartam.com>