Rev crashes when getting back web pages contents

Mark Wieder mwieder at ahsoftware.net
Tue May 31 18:00:30 EDT 2005

Eric-

Tuesday, May 31, 2005, 1:11:33 PM, you wrote:

EC> In addition, I noticed that when you repeat a get Url (the same one)
EC> many times, you may have an empty result (1/50).

I don't know about the hard crashes, but...

One of the problems with using http is that it's not a guaranteed
protocol. You fire off a url request and sometimes get back an answer.
If the server's busy you may or may not get a response and it may or
may not be the response you're expecting.

Normally this isn't a problem - if you're using a web browser and it
just spins the cursor you cancel the request and try again. It does
get to be a problem if you're trying to use http for a data stream,
though. I don't think there's any real way around this. It's not a rev
problem, just a generic thing with the protocol.

--
-Mark Wieder
 mwieder at ahsoftware.net