Rev crashes when getting back web pages contents

Eric Chatonet eric.chatonet at sosmartsoftware.com
Tue May 31 15:54:13 EDT 2005

Hello Andre,

Thanks for your input.
As it is unpredictable it des not seem to be relative to the page
contents.
The pages I want to get are most of the time html pages (some with
php scripts) or old framed pages where I search the right href to get
their contents.
They are not heavy pages.
The problem comes when I want to get many urls in a row.
Of course I isolated the problem in a test stack, trying many
solutions (all those you pointed and much more) but in vain :-(
Now I am stuck.

Best regards from Paris,

Eric Chatonet.

Le 31 mai 05 à 20:25, Andre Garzia a écrit :

> On May 31, 2005, at 9:01 AM, Eric Chatonet wrote:
>

>> Hi everyone,
>>
>> I need to get back the contents of about 30 web pages in a row.
>> I tried various methods, inside loops or with a "send", using "put
>> url tUrl into...", "load url tUrl..." monitored by a callback
>> message, etc.
>> But most of the time Rev crashes unpredictably and of course anytime.
>> I had a look at Bugzilla but did not find anything about such an
>> issue.
>> I would really appreciate some clues: I become nervous :-)
>>
>> Best regards from Paris,
>>
>> Eric Chatonet.
>>

> Eric,
>
> what are you doing with those pages? Are they XML or Unicode heavy
> pages?
>
> also depending on what you're doing, libURL will complain that
> you're trying to request too many things at the same time, I'd
> suggest that you create a stack (the cs structure) with all the
> URLs that you need to retrieve, then go poping one by one and
> retrieving, only retrieve the second when the first is already on
> memory, maybe, libURL is getting confused.
>
> Cheers
> andre

So Smart Software

Plugins, tutorials and more on our website
Phone        33 (0)1 43 31 77 62
Mobile        33 (0)6 20 74 50 86