Broadband Optimizer for Revolution?

Dar Scott dsc at swcp.com
Tue May 31 15:28:30 EDT 2005

On May 31, 2005, at 12:43 PM, Mark Wieder wrote:

> I'd also think twice about increasing the size of the TCP transmit
> window in any case. The receive window should be fine, but to my
> caffeine-deprived brain this morning I think increasing the TCP
> transmit window without a corresponding increase in the receive window
> at the receiving end could result in an overall slower speed.

Well, I have had my caffeine, so I have no excuse, but I don't know
what transmit window is.

The TCP window is controlled by the receiver.

Is the "transmit window" the initial congestion window used by some
implementations for slow start?  I don't think TCP implementations
increase the congestion window beyond the TCP window.

Am I too focused on the TCP standard and am missing the real world
implementations?

Dar