here is the CLOCKFACE script...coded in 3 MINUTES...17 LINES of CODE

Geoff Canyon geoff at runrev.com
Tue May 31 10:12:35 EDT 2005

On May 31, 2005, at 6:05 AM, Dennis Brown wrote:

> I can't say that I would make the tradeoff of the extra lines of
> code for a few microseconds, but I really like the split idea --it
> shows another concept in a simple way and makes the script look
> even simpler.  I updated my clock with it.  Good thinking!

I agree that the tradeoff is of arguable benefit. Having to use local
variables is another drawback in favor of just comparing to the
startAngle. Using local variables is habit because I end up in this
situation with text in a field much more often than with the
startAngle of a graphic. Text in a field is much slower in comparison
-- the startAngle is acceptably fast.

Thanks re: the split command. I don't remember when that first
occurred to me, but I was pretty pleased with myself that day too ;-)