Tree-structure display

Marielle Lange M.Lange at ed.ac.uk
Mon May 30 12:32:46 EDT 2005

Dear all,

I needed a way to organise keywords I use to organize my bookmarks. It didn't
take me more than an afternoon (very long afternoon) to come up with:

go stack url
"http://revolution.lexicall.org/stacks/education/presentation_tools/tree_structure.rev"

The complexity is in the organization (using principles discovered in books
about relational databases like mysql), the coding was suprisingly easy. Gee, I
wouldn't even have thought of starting to code this with any other language. On
the education list, Judy mentioned some were predicting a chip to directly
connect to your brain in 2014. Well, I teach in cognitive neurosciences, that
may have to wait longer (I mean, a chip that "understand" your thoughts).
Still, revolution is the closest I know from this chip... once you have
identified the solution to your problem in your mind it's only a matter of
hours (rather than days or weeks) to have that solution implemented as a
computer program.

If you notice any problem, feel free to fix it (I am not a professional, I
develop tools useful to me; I cannot really afford the time it would take to
make it 100% reliable for users other than myself).

Feel free to use it for the design of an outliner tool or whatever else you
facny. (The stack is distributed as share alike).

Marielle