cgi timeout ?

jbv jbv.silences at Club-Internet.fr
Fri May 27 13:59:23 EDT 2005

Hi list,

Although I make heavy use of Rev cgi on some projects,
I'm far from being an expert on cgi / Apache / Linux /
server administration...

In some situations (mainly development & debugging),
Rev cgi is asked to perform quite complex tasks, and
sometimes the execution of a script can take up to 8 or
9 or 10 seconds (I know : it's prohibitive, but in the
development process you don't always know in advance
if your approach will lead to fast execution or not)...
And I noticed that when a task (script execution) reaches
the 9 to 11 seconds limit, it doesn't return anything, or
IOW it seems to just stop & vanish...
So I was wondering if there was a timeout of some sort
in the Apache / Linux configuration, and what was the
best way to deal with it...

Thanks,
JB