Learning things "table object"

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Sat May 28 19:01:03 EDT 2005

Bill wrote:
> I was complaining earlier about how table objects scroll automatically,
> arbitrarily lock and unlock text, exhibit weird behavior with data in the
> cells that is visible actually different than the data that is there. I
> found out that all you do is unselect the check mark "table object" and then
> all is fine. You have a nice field with a grid that behaves normally.
>
> So what is a "table object" and why would anyone want it?

A grid object is just a field with the vGrid and hGrid properties set to
  true, but it has other additional features not handled by the engine
to enable in-cell editing.

But if you don't need in-cell editing and are using it just to display
lists as in a database, as you've discovered you can just use a normal
field with the vGrid and hGrid set and you're good to go.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Media Corporation