Rev difficulty

Dennis Brown see3d at writeme.com
Sat May 28 11:14:20 EDT 2005

Ben,

Perhaps nobody has ever explained to you about capitals and emotions
in emails.  I will give it a try...

We humans convey much of the emotional meaning of our words with body
language and inflections in our speech.  This is natural and easy
when we meet face to face.  However, in emails it is not always easy
to understand the emotional context of the words.  Certain
conventions have been adopted in order to get around this
difficulty.  Those who know and use these conventions have become
sensitive to the emotional context that they are supposed to convey.
Capitalized words means that you are SHOUTING extreme ANGER or
extreme HAPPINESS through the words.  We also use emoticons :-)  :-
(  ;-)  to convey more emotional context.  You can find out about the
common courtesy Netiquette at:

http://www.netmanners.com/netiquette_101.html

Understanding the efficient and polite way to communicate your ideas
in email will help you succeed in receiving the most help.

As a practical example, here is your short email below rewritten
along these lines (with proper punctuation):

I hope you find this information useful,

Dennis