Modifying Tactile Media's bouncer.rev script

Jim Hurley jhurley at infostations.com
Sat May 28 09:46:54 EDT 2005

>Message: 6
>Date: Fri, 27 May 2005 17:00:41 -0400
>From: DaveyJJ <forums at artspin.com>
>Subject: Modifying Tactile Media's bouncer.rev script
>To: use-revolution at lists.runrev.com
>
>Has anyone ever tried to, or have the slightest clue as to how to,
>modify the excellent Tactilemedia bouncer.rev stack to actually have
>the little "marbles" collide (even semi-realistically) with one
>another or other objects in the window? My seve year old wants to
>know and I have to admit I haven't been able to do it.
>
>David
>
>------------------------------

David,

Check out Nine Ball pool. The collisions are assumed to be elastic,
conserving momentum and energy.

Run this in the message box:

	go url "http://home.infostations.net/jhurley/NineBallWithSpin.rev"

You son may want to start with something a little easier. Check out
BouncingBallTools for collisions of balls with other objects.

	go url "http://home.infostations.net/jhurley/BouncingBallTools.rev"

Good luck to your son. Games programing is probably a good place to
motivate a youngster. But it may also be the most difficult. In any
event, he will discover that the time he spends studying math will be
time well spent.

Jim