Stack file size

Lars Brehmer larsbrehmer at mac.com
Wed May 25 17:44:58 EDT 2005

Hi Mark!

>>> I guess my point is that when you working with a stack with lots
>>> of cards and you want to make changes, always make scripts for the
>>> changes in Rev, but then execute them in the standalone.  This
>>> avoids adding a lot of fat to your application.
>>>

>> I wonder why this is.  Anybody know?
>>
>> Maybe this is related to rev custom properties?
>>

> Try running Chipps plugin:
>
> AltCleanStack
> This plugin allows you to remove custom Rev properties in order to
> reduce the filesize of stacks which are not to be included in
> standalones. The distribution builder automatically does these things
> for standalones.

Nope, I've been using  AltCleanStack for a while now and when I ran
it on these stacks, it reduced the file size by just 180K, and by
redoing the stacks completely (within the standalone) I reduced the
size by 3 megs, almost 50% of the file size.  I guess that working in
stacks in the IDE just puts a sort of "footprints" in there that
increase the file size.  But again, now that I know this it's no
problem whatsoever to work around it.

Cheers,

Lars