is there a best anti-viral program for Revolution?

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Wed May 25 16:14:37 EDT 2005

Dar Scott wrote:
> It would be nice to have a statement on the RevOnline security--its
> capabilities and what it does not do.

Agreed.

> Suppose I trust Richard Gaskin (reasonable, I think)

Perhaps not; depends on my mood. :)

> is there a way to translate that to being comfortable in
> downloading a particular stack from Revolution Online?

Good question.  My attempt to resolve that with RevNet was to display
the URL being used, so at least there could be some modest assurance
that something claiming to be from fourthworld.com actually comes from
fourthworld.com.

RevOnline stuff is stored on the Rev server, but I don't know what
procedures are used to check files they host.

I've considered adding security certificates to RevNet, noting those
listings with some icon as "trusted" sites, but to be honest given the
dozens (hundreds?) of download index sites that don't do that I've been
reluctant to take time away from client work for that.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Media Corporation