Infinite-precision arithmetic (getting OT ;-)

Dar Scott dsc at swcp.com
Wed May 25 12:43:24 EDT 2005

On May 24, 2005, at 2:42 PM, Stephen Barncard wrote:

> but... EVERY platform has limits...eventually - memory, speed. How can
> any tool be 'infinite'?? Better, bigger, faster, perhaps, but ...
> infinite? Aren't you instead trying to craft tools that are...
> scaleable?
>
> We're getting into theoretical physics, cosmology here.... whoa...

And theology.

 From the Psalms we know God's understanding is infinite.  From the
Bible we know He has calculated and has supplied adders.  (OK, those
are serpents, but adders is adders.)  And He has said often that he
will greatly multiply.  One such place is in Genesis 22 after Abraham
and Isaac went up the mountain to perform a sacrifice.

Still concerned about memory?

Well, earlier in the same chapter we see God supplied the RAM.

Dar