VideoGrabber on Windows XP

Klaus Major klaus at major-k.de
Wed May 25 12:25:18 EDT 2005

Hi Ben,

let me first say that there is absolutely no need to SCREAM :-)

> hi,
>
> i am TOTALLY new to REVOLUTION...i was trying a similar project...

welcome to the list.

> to make a PROGRAM that plays MPEG video files...
> as far as i could see...the VIDEOPLAYER control...can ONLY play
> quiktime....

Not necessarily!

If you:

set the dontuseqt to true

in your "preopenstack" or "openstack" handler, Rev will use Video for
Windows
instead of Quicktime.

> what is revVIDEOPLAYER???
> is it a library of FUNCTION COMPONENTS?

there is no thing like revVIDEOPLAYER, you mean revVIDEOGRABBER as
mentined
in earlier posts, which is a DLL (on windows) that lets you capture
video from within Rev.

> i am finding REVOLUTION is a great piece of SOFTWARE...but you need
> to spedn TIME...learning the TRANSCRIPT LANGUAGE...

Yep...

But Transcript is almost like the english language, no complicated
syntax.

> i do NOT like learning LANGUAGES...or the SYNTAX and RULES
> regarding languages...it is TEDIOUS...

well... ;-)

> although REVOLUTION has TONNES of POWER under it's hood...you still
> have to LEARN transcript....you know...

That's true!

> if you look at even a simple PROGRAM....like a CLOCK FACE...you
> find it has nearly 100 lines of CODE...just to make a GRAPHICAL
> clock TICK around the SECONDS....
> this is TOO MUCH CODE..for such a simple REQUIREMENT...in my
> opinion...
>
> www.codemorphis.com
>
> this SYNPOSIS software has ZERO code...you never see a single
> LETTER of code...it is just WIRING diagrams.....it does VIDEO and
> things like this...GRAPHICS TOO...
> you could make a CLOCK FACE in an hour...with SYNPOSIS...with ZERO
> CODE ever seen...
> also you can use the windows API library...which holds TEN THOUSAND
> fucntions for windows programming..in DLL files...

Yes, but that is Windows ONLY!

And Rev will run on the mac, Windows and Linux/Unix, that's why most
user choose Rev :-)

If you only need to "serve" one platform, OK, there are surely more
apps that can do so...

> i am going to try HARDER with REVOLUTION...but again...it looks
> like CODE CODE CODE....to get results...

Yes, sure, but don't be shy, try it, learn it and you will be very
happy with the results!

> this is NOT a VISUAL RAD TOOL....

Noone says so ;-)

> whereas SYNOPSIS is totally VISUAL...with ZERO CODE...(there is NO
> language to learn)

Sure, but does it have a wonderful and helpful list like this? ;-)

> cheers
>
> Ben

Regards

Klaus Major