Icons

John Dixon j.dixon7 at btinternet.com
Wed May 25 03:05:51 EDT 2005

On 25/5/05 05:39, "J. Landman Gay" <jacque at hyperactivesw.com> wrote:

> On 5/24/05 1:29 PM, John Dixon wrote:
>
>> Using Toast and the ISO 9660 settings I have burnt a CD... The CD contains
>> the .app standalone as well as the .exe standalone... However, when I open
>> the CD, the icon that was attached is replaced by the generic Mac
>> application icon...
>
> Do you mean the Mac icon doesn't show (as opposed to the PC icon)? Does
> it show in the Finder? In all views? If so, then you have that part working.

Yes, the Mac icon shows in the finder, in all views...

> Your CD actually may be okay; sometimes if I immediately insert the CD
> into the same Mac that burned it, it doesn't look right, but if I mount
> it on a different Mac that hasn't seen the CD before, it does. If you
> have another Mac, check that.

It is the same on a different mac as well... I'm using Toast 6.1...

> If that isn't the problem, Toast had some issues with OS X icons, if I
> remember right, especially in older versions. I think there is some info
> on their site about it. One thing you can try is to force a Finder
> update by leaving the folder containing your source app open on the
> desktop and then logging out. Log back in and try Toast again. Check
> their online tech support database too; if your icon shows okay in
> Finder but not on the CD, I think it's a Toast glitch.

Oh!

> I've seen this problem too, but it has always been when I've burned an
> OS 9 app using Toast in OS X. The OS X icons seem to work okay.
>

>> Can someone who has experience of attaching icons to rev standalones please
>> step in and save my sanity ?!*@
>
> Only to say that we have all been there...it gets better after a while.
> :) If Finder is consistently showing your icons in all views, attaching
> the icon isn't the problem. It's Toast.

Mmmm... Its looks like Toast is the problem... Thanks for the reply (and
Klaus as well)... I will try with some other burning softwae and see what
that turns up...

Kind regards,

John Dixon