Problems with ShutDownRequest

Brian Yennie briany at qldlearning.com
Wed May 25 01:58:55 EDT 2005

Howard,

Try this:

1) create a button "shutdown" with your script in it:

on ShutDownRequest
   answer "Really, Really Quit?" with "No" or "Quit"
   if it is "Quit" then pass ShutDownRequest
end ShutDownRequest

2) hide the button

3) add this to your standalone:

on startup
     insert the script of btn "shutdown" into back
end startup

This should save you the hassle of trying to clone the script and get
it in all of the appropriate places - a backscript will sit "behind"
all of your open stacks and should get called reliably without having
to set any scripts of cloned stacks.

HTH,
Brian