Infinite-precision arithmetic

John Vokey vokey at uleth.ca
Tue May 24 23:07:26 EDT 2005

I have always found binary coded decimal (BCD) the simplest for this
purpose, as it is directly extensible to any length, with only a few
lines of code.  Please see any (low-level; i.e., machine-code) book
on arithmetic algorithms.  They may not teach BCD anymore, but back
in the day... (i.e., Earth still cooling, ...).