OT: A good book on Applescript?

Alan Golub asg618 at mac.com
Mon May 23 19:25:03 EDT 2005

AppleScript: The Missing Manual is actually quite good. It was written by a
high school senior, which initially put me off, but the author made me
regret that reluctance. This book holds up well with other in the MM series
from Pogue/O'Reilly. It is clear, definitely for the beginner, and gives an
excellent foundation for the fledgling AS developer. It's also available on
Amazon for under $20, which makes it a bargain to boot!  ;)

For the record, I also took a look at AppleScript: A Comprehensive Guide to
Scripting and Automation on Mac OS X by Hanaan Rosenthal. This one was
definitely geared to the more experienced developer, and wasted no time
getting to some pretty sophisticated scripting. In the end, it was too much
too soon for me, and I shelved it for the Missing Manual book. I haven't
regretted it, and may come back to the Rosenthal book after working my way
through the MM.

Best of luck finding what works for you.

Alan Golub