Basic "Answer" question. How does it work?

Bob Hartley rev at armbase.com
Mon May 23 16:00:58 EDT 2005

Hi All

I want to have the user prompted with a dialogue box to make sure they are
really wanting to overwrite a file.

I have created an answer script (a standard one) but I dont know how to get
it to do something.

I have

on mouseUp
   answer "Are you sure your want to overwrite the data? This cannot be
undone." with "Yes" or "No"
   if it is empty then exit to top
   -- now this line above is the bit I have wrong I'm sure
   -- I tried if it is no then exit to top
   else
   repeat with thisRecord = 1 to the number of cards
     put field "field1" of card thisRecord & comma \\
         & field "field2" of card thisRecord & comma \\
         & field "field3" of card thisRecord & comma \\
         & field "field4" of card thisRecord & comma \\
         & field "field5" of card thisRecord & comma \\
         & field "field6" of card thisRecord & return after dataToExport
   end repeat
   put dataToExport into URL ("file:c:\Armbase\Components\Armbase.txt")
   end if

end mouseup

Any help appreciated

All the best