search trees

Eric Engle engleerica at yahoo.com
Sat May 21 21:45:44 EDT 2005

On May 21, 2005, at 8:20 AM, Eric Engle wrote:

>> Does anyone know of any implementations of depth first, breadthe
>> first, or a*
>> tree search algorithms using transcript, metatalk, or hypertalk?

>For depth first, use the natural recursive invocation allowed in
>Transcript.

Sounds nice - but I have no idea what you are talking about.

>For breadth first, ping pong between two lists of things
to work on, copying from one to the other each generation.

Again, this sounds nice, but I was really looking for a practical example. Of
course, I understand the theory of these searches. I'm just trying to figure
out the easiest way to implement in hypertalk or transcript.

Could you please elaborate or provide or point me to examples?