method of copy button required via popup. Advice on howto

Bob Hartley rev at armbase.com
Sat May 21 07:26:58 EDT 2005

Hi All.

The buttons on my app are getting numerous. ONe button inserts a another
button into a card. I'd like a way to have one button do this depending on
the satus of a popup/

IE click on one button and it inserts a button with a script
on mouseup
do function1
end mouseup

but if function 2 is selected from the popup it adds a button with script
on mouseup
do function2
end mouseup

How do I do this. I thought of having a hidden stack with buttons with the
functions in them and simply have the button do this.

What would the type of command be.

here is a guess

on mouseup
if the popup "functionchoice" is menupick "insert function1"
Copy button "Function1" to stack "target"
end if
if the popup "functionchoice" is menupick "insert function2"
Copy button "Function2" to stack "target"
end if
end mouseup

Is this easy?

cheers