FTP Help

Gregory Lypny gregory.lypny at videotron.ca
Fri May 20 13:55:40 EDT 2005

Hello Everyone,

I'm having a bit of trouble with the Get URL ("ftp://...") and one
particular file.

I have a tab-delimited text file with 227 lines.  Call it theFile.txt.
I have a copy on my local Mac at home, and I've placed a copy on my
remote Mac at the office.  When I use the handler below to get the file
from the remote server, it appears in the field in my stack as one long
garbled line; in other words, it looks like I've lost the return
characters.  When I tried to import other text files that were already
on the remote server, they come through fine.  When I import the file a
local folder, it is fine.

What am I doing wrong?

	Regards,

		Gregory

on mouseUp
   put "Now this field is empty." into fld "x"
   libURLSetFTPMode "active"
   get url ("ftp://thePath/theFile.txt")
   put it into fld "x"
   put "Lines:" && the number of lines in it  & cr & \
       "The result:" && the result
end mouseUp