Use french special caracters in an XML file.

Andre Garzia soapdog at mac.com
Fri May 20 10:53:55 EDT 2005

On May 20, 2005, at 11:49 AM, Damien Girard wrote:

> I didn't understands.
>
> I encode characters with UniEncode, and I put them after in the XML
> database.
> Put in return, When I get what I have wrote in the database, I have
> got only the first char.
>
> For exemple, this text : "toto", I have got only this written in the
> XML file "t"
> I think I have forget something.

The docs says that you should uniDecode your variable content before
entering it into a XML Node... I think you might be happier by using
the htmltext property... this will free you from unicode hell. This
would work fine even if you pipe the contents of the xml database to a
browser.

cheers
andre

--