[ANN] [EN] [FR] So Smart Software introduces Color Picker 1.1 and Guides Picker 2.1

Eric Chatonet eric.chatonet at sosmartsoftware.com
Fri May 20 04:12:47 EDT 2005

Hello Rob,

Color Picker is a free open source product but with a licence (see
the help/overview stack):

> ColorPicker and its present help stack are released into the public
> domain as a freeware software:
> Just be kind to tell us what you think of it...
> You are welcome to contact us concerning any "bugs" or code
> optimizations you might want to suggest.
>
> Nevertheless, you may not claim this software as your own or
> release modified versions of the software, but you may modify it
> for your own purpose.
> You are hereby granted an unrestricted license for its use.
> This software, whether in full or part, may not be incorporated
> into any other software without our permission.
> The use of this software, whether in full or in part, acknowledges
> that you hereby release us from any liability for any damages,
> whether direct or indirect and bla and bla and bla… But here it is :-)

BTW replacing the system built-in color picker by my Color Picker
plugin when ask color is called does not seem a good idea:
Disregarding the licence terms, it's not what your end user expects
for...

Anyway I do encourage you to take a leaf out of Color Picker's
scripts to run your own if you wish!
Check the PickColor and ShowColor handlers in Color Picker's card
script to get a starting place :-)
To access the scripts, check the "Contextual menus work in Revolution
windows" option in rev Prefs and use a right click in Color Picker's
window to display the contextual menu.

Best regards from Paris,

Eric Chatonet.

Le 20 mai 05 à 08:52, Rob Beynon a écrit :

> Eric, forgive a naive question, but is it possible to use your
> fantastic colour picker instead of 'ask color; from inside one's
> scripts?

So Smart Software

Plugins, tutorials and more on our website
Phone        33 (0)1 43 31 77 62
Mobile        33 (0)6 20 74 50 86