Deleting a folder doesn't work!!!

MisterX b.xavier at internet.lu
Fri May 20 00:46:47 EDT 2005

> Is this a) an accident, b) a good thing c) something that
> will be cleaned up in future versions of rev d) none of the
> above or e) all of the above?

hopefuly it's item C but given it's age i just as well might have to write a
real engine suggestion bugzilla ;)

I know rev means well otherwise they wouldn't have put that one in to fix
the other's impairment. Unfortunately i only got one shot at this job so i
wont be able to try if rev's command is up to par with the real shell
commands.

After analysis, im glad i didn't even try... They use shell commands with
deltree or rmdir which happen to return "not recognized" in my W2K systems!
They dont even test for availability!

Then i also noticed that they dont even reset the hideconsoleWindows
property to what it was before they changed it!

Last but not least, in RevDeleteFolder, most of shell commands will fail at
work and dont support a lot of standards we need in even just copying files
(like security and audit properties of files and folders in some cases.

Same thing for revCopyFolder. Some xcopy switches were not used and might be
more appropriate for some uses. Make sure you test.

Woah! Good thing i didn't waste my time trying revDeleteFolder... Rev is not
the best for everything although it's quite good for most. Just make sure
you test before commiting a revHandler to production.

I wont say anymore what's coming for you soon in TAOO but sure it's going to
work better and harder and with many more options.

cheers
Xav