CustomProperties function returns zilch

Jan Schenkel janschenkel at yahoo.com
Thu May 19 00:49:22 EDT 2005

--- Thomas McCarthy <tominjapan at excite.com> wrote:

> I got a stack with a bunch of custom properties (a
> number of which are holding data) and this:
> answer the customProperties of this stack
> returns zilch -- a number equal to my patience :-)
>
> Is this broken?
> Mac OSX 10.3.9/Rev 2.5.1
>
> tom

Hi Tom,

The result of getting 'the customProperties of this
stack' is an array -- arrays cannot be displayed using
a simple 'answer' command.
As others have noted, 'the customKeys' will give you
the names of the customProperties in the active
customPropertySet.
Both 'the customProperties' and 'the customKeys' have
forms that allow you to get this data from a specific
customPropertySet :
- the customProperties["foo"] of this stack
- the customKeys["bar"] of this stack
Which saves you from having to store the active
property set, changing it before getting the
information, and then changing it back to the old one.

Hope this helped,

Jan Schenkel.

Quartam - Tools for Revolution
<http://www.quartam.com>