Don't Mess Around...

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Wed May 18 23:51:09 EDT 2005

Sarah Reichelt wrote:
> On 19 May 2005, at 11:36 AM, Mark Wieder wrote:
>
>> Now, my question is... where is the list of plugins stored? Which ide
>> stack did I mess up by moving things around? And since I couldn't open
>> any stacks in any event, is there another way to recover other than a
>> complete reinstall? If it helps any, this was the 4W devolution plugin
>> that I moved, but somehow I don't think this is the plugin's fault.
>
> I would guess that the plugin was set to load on startup. If you go to
> Plugin settings in the Development -> Plugins menu, you can set
> the plugins behavior to load on startup, or only when chosen from the
> menu. If you had set this to load only from the menu, then I think
> deleting it would not have caused any problems.

I don't think that's the problem.  The Rev Plugin Manager stores in info
to determine if a plugin is be loaded in a property in the plugin itself
(cRevLoadInfo[load] = "startup").

Since the plugin moved as a 4W plugin and I've been testing that here
with only the default plugins and that one, I'm beginning to wonder if
it's not some other plugin that's been installed that's at the root of
the issue, rather than the Rev IDE.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Media Corporation