Don't Mess Around...

Sarah Reichelt sarahr at genesearch.com.au
Wed May 18 23:07:58 EDT 2005

On 19 May 2005, at 11:36 AM, Mark Wieder wrote:
> Now, my question is... where is the list of plugins stored? Which ide
> stack did I mess up by moving things around? And since I couldn't open
> any stacks in any event, is there another way to recover other than a
> complete reinstall? If it helps any, this was the 4W devolution plugin
> that I moved, but somehow I don't think this is the plugin's fault.
>
> And I'm back to normal, thanks, or at any rate what passes for normal
> around here, so there's no immediate problem to solve, but I'm curious
> about what happened here and thinking that I might issue a warning
> that others not follow in my footsteps.

Hi Mark,

I would guess that the plugin was set to load on startup. If you go to
Plugin settings in the Development -> Plugins menu, you can set
the plugins behavior to load on startup, or only when chosen from the
menu. If you had set this to load only from the menu, then I think
deleting it would not have caused any problems.

However, I am surprised that you weren't able to solve things by
putting the plugin back into the plugins folder.

One final note: when you use the Plugin Settings stack, closing it also
closes all open plugins. I think I bugzilla'd this a while ago but I
can't remember the number.

Cheers,
Sarah