Unicode and chunk expressions

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Tue May 17 16:46:23 EDT 2005

Thomas McGrath III wrote:
> Richard,
>
> The consensus was the 'some' chunks could work with useunicode but that
> a lot do not work. It was suggested to use htmltext with the unicode
> fields but I have not tried that yet.

That's an interesting idea but I'm unclear on how it would work.  If
"char 1 of word 2" fails in a variable why would it work if I get the
text from a field?  I was under the impression that when referencing a
field the data is obtained first before operations are performed on it.
  But I could well be mistaken if they've added some deep revisions to
chunk expressions for Unicode.

Anyone here have examples of using chunk expressions with Unicode?

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Media Corporation