Internet speed test (was.. without title :-)

Eric Chatonet eric.chatonet at sosmartsoftware.com
Tue May 17 16:23:55 EDT 2005

Thanks to all who replied to my internet speed test request.
The results show that the average is about 250/300 milliseconds from
Europa and North America,
seems to be a bit longer from Japan :-)

My aim was to know the internet connexion status of an user with
reliability: that's necessary for several plugins I am working on...
So I put a text file containing the text string "true" on my web
site: reading or not this file makes the test.
Any better or faster "completely reliable" idea?

Best regards from Paris,

Eric Chatonet.
So Smart Software

Plugins, tutorials and more on our website
Phone        33 (0)1 43 31 77 62
Mobile        33 (0)6 20 74 50 86