Be Cautious About MySQL Licensing (was Re: Database suggestions?)

Chipp Walters chipp at chipp.com
Mon May 16 23:28:57 EDT 2005

Sarah Reichelt wrote:

> Does this mean that we don't have to include the SQLite database engine
> in a standalone if it's built for Tiger? I wonder how we can tell Rev
> where the engine is?

Hi Sarah,

altSQLite includes the engine and the revDB interface all in a single
external. So, you only need include the external when creating
standalones. It's unlike the MySQL and other database interfaces in that
respect. There is no need to ever install the database engine with your
standalone.

best,

Chipp